Possible New iPhone Evokes Strong Imagery

Posted by OCEntertainment | Posted on 11:45 AM


So, today the big hubbub is that Gizmodo managed to get their hands on what is very likely to be the next iPhone. And I admit, I like it. The design actually doesn't look too bad. At first I thought this was due to the fact that it reminded me just a little of some HTC phones with solid angles, sharper edges, etc. But no.

It didn't hit me until a few hours after I saw it why this iPhone's design struck such an emotional chord with me. Was it the functionalist, industrial masculinity, expressed perfectly through glass and metal and unapologetic angles, in a powerful phone that's remarkably streamlined? It's all of that, yes. But it's also the fact that aesthetic is rendered black with a light-colored midsection, which is why it taps into something deep and profoundly affective from my childhood:



It's practically cheating. I can't not love the design of this phone.

Now, if you're not like me and, let's face it, that would probably be good for your health, you may not realize that the preceding paragraphs are a direct parody of matt buchanan's impressions of the Droid's design when, during his review, matt discovered the Droid is the phone Batman would use.

Which leaves us only one, very important question:

Who would win in a fight? Batman, or an ice cream sandwich?

Comments (1)

K, someone go get me a damn icecream bar :(

Post a Comment